Does anyone know if you can take lactaid while pregnant?

I just found out that I'm lactose intolerant, and I'd really like to have some treats tonight. It's really not worth the pain, though. Can I take the lactaid?

I will call the doc and ask her, but not till tomorrow. My nacho craving isn't an emergency.

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 4:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, you can. I'm also lactose intolerant, though like the first poster I could tolerate more milk products while I was pregnant. But my doctor okayed Lactaid while I was pg anyhow... so you can have your treats if you like!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Were you lactose intolerant before you were pregnant? I was lactose intolerant before pregnancy and during pregnancy, I can have as much of dairy as my little heart wants. My lactose intolerance seems to have gone away at least while I am pregnant. Its going to be a bummer if my lactose intolerance comes back after I give birth.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No, I wasn't lactose intolerant prior to being pregnant. It reared its ugly head two weeks in and it took me four months to figure it out. . .I'm hoping I go back to myself afterward. It didn't happen with the other two. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• ahh, thats a real bummer. I have lived with it all my life and I have been enjoying myself since it went away. Good luck and I hope you find something so you can have your treats today!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 4:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2009