How much weight did your baby gain between 4 months and 5 months? Or how much did he/she weigh at 5 months?

My son weighed 7lb 6 oz when he was born. At two months he was 11 lb 2 oz. At four months 13lb 6 oz. He'll be 5 months on Tuesday and he only weighs 13lb 8oz. We switched his formula back to Enfamil Lipil from Gentlease and he seems to be easting between 6-10 oz more a day. He is very tall, 27 inches at 4 months and was in the 95th Percentile. I just want to make sure he's doing all right. I know at 6 months he should be double his weight so we've got some time. I'm just a worried mom. Thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son was 6-15 at birth,
    at 2 months- 12-1
    4 months- 17-1
    5 months- 18-9
    and now at 6 months he is about 20 lbs and 28 inches
    My son is breastfed... if it matters.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• When he was weight at 5 months he was 15lbs. 13oz and now at almost 6 months he's 16lbs 3oz.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my son weighed 5.6 full term
    4 months he was about 9lbs.
    6 months he is 11.4 lbs.
    They all very how much weight they put on depending how much they eat. My son is on formula and polycose weight gainer powder.
    Anonymous

• my ds was 6.7 full term
    4months 12lbs
    and i dont quite no at 5 he just turned it:)
    but like yours my son is very tall
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 9:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• it sounds like you have a tall, lean baby. there's no need to worry about his weight if he is staying on HIS growth curve. don't worry about him being in a low percentile on the growth chart as long as he seems healthy and is gaining weight and making milestones appropriately. short people have short babies, tall people have tall babies.

my five month old is 15# (she was 7# 1 oz at birth). All my girls were at this age. the first two were 5th % by 1 yr for height and weight! i had doctors telling me to feed my kids more, but one very keen nutritionist pointed out that i am short and skinny so it would only make sense that i would have short skinny babies. LoL
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009