How long did it take you to get a positive pregnancy test?

I am TTC and have taken 2 pregnancy tests, both negative. I am 4 days late. I know the possibility exists that I'm stressed, or just late, etc. But I have had regular periods for over a year (since I started TTC and keeping track). I can pinpoint a two day window of when I will start and I always do.

So I am wondering, did it take anyone else longer than the day or so after missing your period before you got a positive result?

MamaChanny

Asked by MamaChanny at 5:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• well everyone is different. i was late but didnt take a test right away. i think i was 2 weeks late until i finally took a test. maybe 3 weeks. but my cycle was always messed up, since years. well when i took the test i was about 5-7 weeks pregnant.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I took a test the day after my period was due and it came back positive. I was pregnant, but if you keep getting negatives then most likely it is probably negative. I would get a blood test at the doctors to verify. Good luck ttc.
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• it tooke me 7 days to be sure i was preg. wait at least a week to test. and good luck. EVEN THEN PLEASE buy a digital preg test. i bought 4 regular test and ALL came back NEGATIVE but i was still late, until i finally got a digital, and it said: pregnant. so easy to read !!!
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My sister-n-law never got a positive till she was at leat 10-12 weeks with all six of hers. So to be safe I always say call a doctor and get some blood work done. Good Luck!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 11:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I got a positive with an "early result" test 4 days before my period was due. Are you just coming off birth control? That can cause irregularity for a little while until it's all out of your system and your cycles even out. You could also try a more sensitive test in a day or two- if it still says negative, I would call your doctor to make sure it's not a medical problem, and also get a blood test just in case. Good luck to you!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009