is 3 month old Rocking baby normal??

My 3 month old grandson rocks himself while sitting up back and forth is this normal??

bonnevillesle

Asked by bonnevillesle at 5:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats funny cuz my ten month old has done that since she could sit up. She used to suck her thumb (now a binky) and rock back and forth, I believe its fine. It is probably just like adults tap their foot. I think they're just rocking unconsciously, just as if we were tryin to sooth them, we'd rock back and forth or side to side right?
    abitditzy022

Answer by abitditzy022 at 8:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would consider that VERY normal. Most 3 month olds start sitting up on there own about this time. And rocking back and forth is a plus! Its his way of comforting hisself, its soothing to him.
    JeanneW900

Answer by JeanneW900 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2009