I've been ttc since October and my doctor told me start a pre-natal vitamin....

So I have a very sensitive stomach. I researched and found Prenatal One from Rainbow Light. I am going to try them tonight. Its supposed to be very gentle on the stomach and has no artificial colors, flavors etc etc etc. I never took a multivitamin before, nontheless one this potent. Has anyone ever started pre-natals before getting pregnant? How did it go for you? How was it on your stomach prior to pregnancy? Did it help to conceive and did you feel your body was "more" ready to become pregnant? Thanks!

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They dont tend to make you sick unless you are pregnant. I kept on mine for months after my miscarriage while ttc. Your body could use the vitamins anyway and my drs were surprised and happy I was already on them when I did become pregnant again.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 5:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Its really the folic acid that you need when ttc. For the prevention of spinal bifida. Prenatal vitamins made me sick, my doc told me to double up on flinstones.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 5:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I started before I was pregnant and actually used Rainbow Light (and still do). The only time they were rough on my stomach was when I was pregnant. They are supposed to be gentle on your stomach and my doctor approved them.
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 6:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Its better to take them at night right? I want to start tonight.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I took them for a long time before I got pregnant. When I did get pregnant, they made me nauseous, so I started taking them right before I would fall asleep (as in, I'd already been laying in bed with the lights out for a bit). I needed to be able to fall asleep before the nausea would kick in.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Me and my husband are trying and I just started some a few days ago. I feel fine. It may make your pee drak.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 1:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'll tell you.. that I had 2 miscarriages and then started taking Folic Acid and then conceived and am now ready to give birth. Folic acid ( prenatals have this and more) aids in quite a few things.. Spinal cord to develop properly, implantation and so on..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I take them at night right before going to bed and I never feel sick from them. The only time was when I was in the first trimester, having all the morning sickness anyway.
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• So far I been taking them the past 3 nights. My tinkle is neon! lol. Otherwise I'm feeling alright. I been sleeping alittle more comfortable I noticed.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 4, 2009

• I didn't start them before but I'm still taking them now after pregnancy.I take Prenate DHA.
    LND

Answer by LND at 11:28 AM on Feb. 4, 2009