Crazy thoughts>>>????

Do have any of you ladies have crazy thoughts...like that something terrible might happen during delivery, or that like me who suffers from panic attacks, that my body isn't going to be able to handle pregnancy....I always get these weird scary thoughts and it make me paranoid and I wondered if i was alone. I try to ignore these thoughts and tell myself I am being rediculous but its hard......feedback?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have really bad panic attacks too. and i was so scared that something crazy would happen too. but whenever you have these thoughts...you have to tell yourself that the hospital is trained and ready for anything that may happen. i did have a panic attack during delivery but they gave me an oxygen mask and everything turned out fine.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I went through the exact same thoughts. It's very scary to think what your body is getting prepared to do. A week and a half before my son was born, we found out that there were some complications....that was one of the scariest moments was trying to prepare myself for what could be wrong. And during the actual delivery, ( I ended up having a c section), I had a severe moment of panic when we didn't know if the baby was going to be ok. I think it's very normal to be scared. Don't worry honey, you're not alone. My son came into this world and is now doing just fine. Fear is just another part of this whole experience. Good Luck! And congrats, it's quite a ride!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 6:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I have the same thing happen to me all the time- like a freak and think wut if the epidural that ill be getting before my csection goes the wrong way like it did to my cousin and it makes me feel like i cant breathe and stuff like that- i try to focus on good things and envision good things happening at the time of delivery when my mind starts to go to bad places lol
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i will get an idea in my head (like how awful it would be if my husband died while i was pregnant) and i cannot get rid of it. I get totally freaked out and depressed like it is actually happening. Or I'll worry about the baby etc. The best way I have found to deal with it is to talk to my husband. He knows that if he'll just let me talk it out i can get it out of my head and realize that it is so unlikely and I do'nt need to worry about it. try finding someone that will be your listening ear, it really helps.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes I did,especially since my son was a preemie.
    LND

Answer by LND at 11:07 AM on Feb. 4, 2009