I am tired, I look and feel like crap, I smell like sour milk, feel like cattle, and I DON'T WANT TO CLEAN!

Please motivate this new mommy to clean her home. I just got my two week old Ellie to sleep and I have mounds of laundry to do, I did just do the dishes (yay me) and my place is a mess.

How do I motivate my messed up self?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 5:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• enjoy your two week old :) the laundry and cleaning can wait ;o)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Make a to do list for your DH, starting with the laundry : )
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I just tell myself omg wat if someone unexpected comes over. The house is a mess. I dont want them to think i have a dirty home.
    JuJu_Bean

Answer by JuJu_Bean at 6:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Sort the laundry and put one load in, - the one that you need the most. then go and sit with your feet up. The house will still be there. Enjoy having a tiny baby and make the house a lower priority just now. You may want to get a shower so that you feel more comfortable. And you could run a sanitizing wipe around the bathroom for the sake of hygiene. But general cleaning can wait.

Answer by Bmat at 6:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Look over at your DH/SO and say "I just had a baby, what's your excuse?" And tell him he either starts pulling his weight and helping you or you'll pull the plug on the tv and NO SUPERBOWL!
    MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• At least you got dishes done, I could barely do that with a newborn. I think most mom's here will tell you to go put your feet up and read a book or take a nap. As long as you don't have roaches crawling around, you deserve a break! If you are a neat freak and a break just wont do, then get your butt up and go clean girl!! But, really take a breath and rejuvinate yourself, because you know she will be up again soon. (just push everything into a pile and plan a little bit to do at intervals throughout the day)
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Lay down and stare at the beautiful baby. Watch each amazing little breath
    jhj4ever

Answer by jhj4ever at 6:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Oh yeah, go change your shirt first. ; ) You should google some good you tube videos on your break. I love watching comedy skits.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• your little munchkin should me your motivation.

she wont like it when its messy and dirty... just tell yourself that over and over again ;) of course she prolly doesnt care haha. but just pretend that she does. that should help you a little. and i dont think you feel comfortable in a dirty/messy house ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Listen to some music, playing softly of course! What I do is get off of the computer and plan to clean for 20 min and then back to take a break that way you break it up into segments. It doesn't seem so bad that way! Good luck we have all been there! Just enjoy your baby those things will get done!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 6:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2009