Anyone been told your were having a BOY and it ended up being a GIRL?

I had my ultra sound this week and the lady had a hard time telling but then had another tech look at the pictures and they both agreed that they are pretty sure it's a boy. She said I can come back next week to be sure.

I've heard of people being told it's a girl and it end up being a boy but has anyone had the experience the other way around.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they usually say its a girl and then ends up as a boy. never heard of the other way around. but yet, everything is possible.

i was told it was a girl and we had a girl :)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• When I had my sono I could cleary see my DD vagina. I was amazed by the clarity (not 3d). So unless the baby's in a bad position you should be able to clearly tell.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My cousin was told recently that she was having her fourth boy. Two weeks later, told that it was a girl.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 6:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Sometimes they can mistake the cord for a penis, but an experienced tech can tell the difference.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I was told boy with all three...and that's what I have.

But if they say "not sure" or "we think"....I'd not paint the room blue just yet!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yep, they told me boy, and I had a girl. To be fair, they said boy twice and girl twice... She was very shy, apparently, always had her legs close together.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:46 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• as far as i know if you get the u/s too early the boys and girls all look like boys because of the penis. for girls it will go up to form the vagina, and also there's the mistake of the cord getting in the way. if they're not 100% sure i would go back to make sure.
    suthrnflwr

Answer by suthrnflwr at 8:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• well, my step-dad and his wife were told to paint the nursery blue! the techs even cirlced the little penis on the ultrasound picture. However....allen....turned out to be my beautiful step sister morgan! lol All the way through the pregnancy they were told 100 percent boy. I actually know another couple that this happened to as well, so just remember, it isn't positive until you can see it with your own eyes!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My neighbor was told boy at all three ultrasounds and it was girl, and I also had a professor who's daughter was told boy and it turned out girl too. It happens. I am supposedly preg. with boy number three - and as excited as I am I still wouldn't mind if they turn out to be wrong...
    Rubia653

Answer by Rubia653 at 11:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2009