gettin labor started.....

So i have heard castor oil... has anyone ever tried this? and i was also wondering will a hot bath help to jump start labor??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sex works, even my nurse told me to do it and it worked!
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I forgot to say i cant try sex cuz im single... so any other way..
    Anonymous

• Do NOT use castor oil. It basically causes you to poop over a ten rail fence and dehydrate you. It will only put you into labor if your body is ready and by then you'll have been through hell.

Hot bath shouldn't work. It can actually slow down labor if your not in active labor.

Try drinking Raspberry Leaf Tea. It tones the uterus, causes small contractions and can make labor easier. If you body is ready it will work. Make sure it HAS THE LEAFS IN IT!! Check the label.

Sex can also help because the hormones in sperm help soften the cervix.
    Anonymous

• Orgasm triggers small contractions, so even masturbation can help if your body is ready.

I used Evening Primrose Oil capsules vaginally to soften my cervix. You can take them orally too, but they gave me a stomach ache.

Nothing will work if your body isn't ready. And like the other poster said, DO NOT USE CASTOR OIL!!! It will give you diarreah like crazy and dehydrate you, so that if you do go in to labor, it will be more dangerous and you will be exhausted.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 6:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Are you past 40 weeks? If not, then whats the rush, you will be in labor soon enough.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 6:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• nipple stimulation also produces oxitocin which is the hormone that can bring on contractions also walking helps
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009