Valentine baby shower

Has anyone had one? May I see some pics? Mine is valentine themed, I have some ideas, but would love some more tips. Thanks

tattooedmomma23

Asked by tattooedmomma23 at 6:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My baby was born on valentines day so I didn't have a valentine shower but have done a party.

You can get glass vases (short and wide), wrap a pink or heart themed ribbon around the middle, and fill it with roses or any other flower done in valentines colors. Make chocolate covered strawberries and then get some white chocolate, make it pink with food coloring and drizzle it over the strawberries.

Just some things I've done.
    Anonymous

• Are you having a little boy or girl? It would make it easier to give you ideas..

One idea though for either,
    get a vase and decorate it with either stickers, or puffy paint, or whatever you'd like really... then cut out paper hearts on pink & red paper.
    When each guest walks in the door, have them write a word of advice or hopes & wishes for the new parents on the heart, along with their name, and drop it in the vase. Make sure to tell every guest that it can be serious, or funny.. some examples would be "May your new baby bring all the joy to you both" or "get as much sleep as possible before that crazy kid is born!"

Read what everyone wrote after they all leave, it'll bring a lot of laughs!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 7:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• You could also play a game called "dont break your water". Fill up water balloons (pink, white & red) and have them ready before the shower. Break your guests up into teams with 5 people on each team. Line them up parallel to eachother, and place the buckets full of water balloons in between the teams. Have a bucket for each team about 10 feet away... The first person on each team will put a water balloon in between their thighs and waddle to the other bucket and try to get their water balloon in the bucket WITHOUT using their hands or popping the balloons. If they pop the balloon they have to start over at the line. Each person on each team must do the same thing, one person per team at a time. First team that everyone finishes wins!!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 8:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Another game to play is "Nesting"
    You'll need to do preparation the day before.. As many guests as there will be, hard boil that many eggs + about 10 more in case others break. Now you can either dye the eggs pink & red, or you can have supplies such as Red & Pink markers, glue, pink & red ribbon, heart stickers, anything that wont take too long to dry.. and have each and every guest (including the party planners & mommy-2-be) decorate their egg as soon as they get there, along with their egg, give everyone a pin as well. Throughout the night each guest can not leave their egg AT ALL except to go to the bathroom, or play in a hands on-game.. at which time they will have to ask another guest to "egg sit" their egg. If someone leaves their egg unattended or are not nurturing enough, or their egg breaks, they must give their pin to whoever realizes this persons wrong actions.. The guest with the most pins at the end wins!!!
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 8:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thanks
    tattooedmomma23

Answer by tattooedmomma23 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• If you are just having a themed shower and not having it on valentines day...then my suggestion is go the day after valentines day and buy all the decorations for 75 % off! My daughter was born on valentine's day but her first birthday was in the middle of the weeks so we waited till saturday. The deals were great! I just stocked up on pink and red plates and stuff. Fun food idea: bisquick biscuits. Seperate them into halves and then shape them into hearts. Put pizza sauce and whatever kind of toppings you want on for little mini heart shapped pizzas. Have fun!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009