mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2012 in Kids' Health

• I am glad that a new trend may be on the verge of happening. Media in general offers and unrealistic body image for young girls to feel they need to obtain and then doctored photos make it even worse. No magazine should be photo-shopping waistlines and smoothing features. I am happy that a magazine geared towards impressionable tweens and teens has taken this huge step. I hope more magazines pick up on it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2012

• well, if it does someone good to see a normal 'teen', then goody. at my age, 43, i'd just rather the mags stop using teens PERIOD to display/model/advertise anything geared towards adult women. surely to goodness there are beautiful women who actually are 25, 30 or 40yo to use on the pages we all peruse.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2012

• ^^ LOL - I hear ya - but since it's 17 mag. it is geared more towards teens. I think if these girls are consistently seeing actual models how they really are, then maybe they won't be trying to live up to the imaginary, air-brushed version.  It can only help. :)

mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2012