Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?

I don't. I do believe in natural indifference. I believe that everything that happens is either a result of our actions and decisions or simply because shit just happens. What do you think and why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think every thing is a reaction to an action. There is no reason why everything happens.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i do think everything happens for a reason. i cant really give a reason beyond that fact that God has a plan for us all and life is a test. we are given obsticales to deal with and work through.
    Anonymous

• If so, then I have to ask, What's the reason and Why? Just doesn't make sense if there was a purpose, because of purpose without direction.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 6:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes, everything happens for a reason, the way God intends it to...

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 6:49 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Sometimes we find out what that reason is and sometimes we don't.
    AZbound

Answer by AZbound at 7:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I def. think everything happens for a reason.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I believe in coincidence.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I believe that everything happens for a reason! Its part of God's plan!
    RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 7:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Absolutely everything happens for a reason, whether good or bad. Even when the bad happens something good may come out of it, if even a lesson that may open your eyes a bit. People don't often realize that their actions, good or bad, create waves that affect other people. Like a rock dropped into a pond.
    Rosies45

Answer by Rosies45 at 7:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• A TV character that I enjoyed said "Imagine if the things that happen to us did happen only because we deserve them. So I take immense pleasure at the hostility of the universe."
    I think that I maybe 60% do not believe that things happen for a reason. I think that we can say well that happened in order for this to happen, but I think this may be interpretation instead of intent. On the other hand, if I am having an unusually good day, then it seems to follow that shortly afterwards I will have a calamity. But does this mean that sometimes I have good days with no calamities and I just don't remember them? I don't know.

Answer by Bmat at 7:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2009