31 weeks?

What if i tried to induce my labor at 31 weeks?
Not saying im going to its just a question of curiosity..
Would it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its probably not a good idea to try because the baby could be too small and may need more time for the organs to get stronger.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't mean to be rude, but why would this even be a question. I went into preterm labor at 20 weeks and delivered at 29 weeks. Pregnancy is 40 weeks to give the baby as much chance to be healthy as possible. Trying to induce your own labor before that is just plain selfish. It makes me sick to my stomach to think it would even cross someones mind to put their helpless child through all my twins went through, and they were fairly healthy. It might work and you have every chance of losing your child.
    twinsmom2005

Answer by twinsmom2005 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• wow ur an ignorant a$$.

I said i wouldnt do it, i dont plan on doing it, im not that selfish... i was just wondering. I hear women talking about it all the time about inducing their labor i just wanted to ask... i wouldnt induce myself at even 38 weeks cause i believe my body will go into labor when its ready and my baby girl will be here when she is ready....

Soo keep ur ignorance to yourself. thanks.
    Anonymous

• i don't see how it would work. Induction methods rely on the fact that your cervix is ripe which it shouldn't be at 31 weeks unless you are prone to pre-term delivery. I understand your curiousity, you have a lot of time to think about weird stuff when you are pregnant. Don't worry, i know it's just an intelectual, killing time kind of question.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 2, 2009