Deli Sandwiches or BBQ sandwiches

We are having my daughters birthday party next Saturday at a pool we rented for 4 hours. It is from 10-2, so we will be serving lunch.
Hubby said he would cook a brisket and make chop beef for us to take and make some macarroni or potato salad , and maybe some beans.
I thought about having walmart or kroger deli make up some sandwiches and fruit trays.
However, the last time i did that, they forgot to bake the bread for the sandiwches and the bakery also forgot (and said they had no record of) the cake that i ordered.
So i cant decide what i want to do.
Having them made would make it much easier to just go pick them up and open them and say here is lunch. But i take the chance of them forgetting again.
And also, BBQ is so messy. LOL
Anyways, what would you serve?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2012 in Food & Drink

• depends on what my DD likes, after all its her B-Day.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• Why not make the deli sandwiches yourself? It isn't hard and you can make them the way you like them for less and less mess and you know you will have them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:05 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• ^agree^ actually that is a good idea and cheaper. You can have cut up veggies that people can choose what to put on their sandwiches.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• Well I'm lazy and I say have the deli make your food its a slim chance they will forget again
    kattea21911

Answer by kattea21911 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• MY daughters are 3 and y, they dont care about anything but the cake and swimming. I dont have time to make them right now. With working and making time to go 40 miles to get the cake and everyday things at home, it is easier to let someone else make them of let hubby do it outside.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• the brisket sounds delicious

but why wouldn't you just go somewhere aside from walmart for sandwiches? Or just make them yourself?

Do you have a costco?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• Brisket sounds great, but we have several pizza places that deliver to our local pool. Pool parties and pizza go together.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 2:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• ^^I'm going to second the pizza suggestion. Less work for you, and the kids will be perfectly happy.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:39 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• There you go Pizza
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• Pizza-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:26 PM on Jul. 5, 2012