What is the best type of baby monitor for the $$????

My dd is expecting her first child in May and is registering and buying stuff now, so we would really appreciate your insight into the best brand and type of baby monitor for the money spent.

twarmymm

Asked by twarmymm at 6:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a summer infant daytime/nighttime video monitor. My parents bought it for us on sale for like $150. I absolutely LOVE it! It's nice to be able to not only listen to him, but see him in the middle of the night! It was definitely worth the money!
    Anonymous

• I have the Mobi video monitor and I really like it. I paid around $120 for it, but it was worth the money. I like being able to see and hear him.
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I also have the summer monitor..It's GREAT!!!!! So worth the money!!!!
    Tara9574

Answer by Tara9574 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• do you have problems with static with either of these? i have heard complaints on some of them that there is alot of static!
    twarmymm

Answer by twarmymm at 8:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• according to consumer reports there is a sony one that is between 40-60 that is supposed to be the best. that's what we are eventually going to get.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2009