Why do my kids scream all of the time?

Everyday when we get up my kids scream from morning until naptime, then again when they get up until they go to bed. I try to tell them no, and trry to be stern with them, but they don't take me serious. What can I do? My kids are 1yr and 2yrs.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• because they are babies still. they are testing their voices and at the same time they are testing you. be consistent be firm reward good behavior and discipline bad behavior.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• They like to hear their voice they like to see how high their voice goes.But if they keep on doing it try some time out.
    Anonymous

• If they're "happy" screams, just ignore them. They're just testing their voices, experimenting with sound etc. They may also be testing boundaries since they've gotten a reaction from you. It's just a phase and if you don't react, they'll eventually tire of it and move on to something else.

If they're unhappy, feel free to PM me and I'll share some tips that I use with my two year old twins.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Is the communication in your house done loudly? In other words- do you, your SO, the babysitter, etc yell at the kids or each other? Sometimes it is a learned behavior. But little kids do like to hear their own voices- often at high volume!! LOL
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• they yell cause they are to be your boss. they tell u what to do. whatever they want and they test on you. Im done give him food. Im see him full and i take him out of sit. let him play but he scream at me. ohh boy, Im just ignorn him. let him rise his voice so high as he can untill he give up. Im smile at him and give him hugs and kiss. try be good and happy boy. He know im boss. not him. wink
    whoishotmama

Answer by whoishotmama at 10:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009