Looking to make a actual income from home

banging head into wallI cannot babysit , I got three kids here already of my own and not my house. But I want something that will contribute not hurt us. It seems everything I try is a failure :(. Or you got to spend a fortune to do. Or it is some kind of scam.. Help I have no talent or I would make and sell items. I feel like i am banging into a wall.

WildCat73

Asked by WildCat73 at 6:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2012 in Money & Work

• honestly- other than watching other kids- or making stuff you can sell- I have no idea. Everyone wants to make money from home-but the reality is that most things are scams or you jsut can't make much money at it at all
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 7:11 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• I have tried cha cha ( nightmare says I am registered then when i go to take the class they have before you start it says I am not registered :( ) I have tried selling candles, etc. I am afraid of what will become if something does not give soon. I need to be home with the kids to. I wish I had a talent other then drawing flies ( Joking).
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 7:16 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• There are the jobs that are Customer service and are legit. But you will need quiet work space in your home.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:46 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• Well, first, ChaCha is NOT going to make you any money. I did that for a while. You make, literally, pennies per question. To make any real money you'd have to spend...I think I calculated 8 hours a day 7 days a week year round to make even $800 a month. And no, I'm not exaggerating. And that's only if you don't get any questions that take you more than a few seconds to answer.

Honestly, anything that you do from home will not make you money right off the bat - it'll all need time to build up to begin making money. So I would say find something you would enjoy doing that doesn't require a huge upfront investment, and then stick with it, even if it seems like a failure. Give it six months, if not a full year, before deciding it's a failure. Also look for things you could do in the evenings when your hubby can watch the kids - sales parties for whatever, customer service, or maybe even some housecleaning for a family or two.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:10 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• I always suggest eBay first and foremost.   After that, there are jobs, but for every one job, there are literally thousands of applicants.   If you're interesed, I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You are more than welcome to read through my blog at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• People who succeed are willing to do what other's arent'. The problem lies with those that say "I want to do something" and when someone shows them something that clearly works, they say "but I don't wanna do that". Some, don't want to do parties, some don't want to sell, I could go on and on.

If you want to make money from home you have to put forth effort. There are no "sit on your butt and get rich" opportunities out there, if there were, I'd have already found them and made my fortune
    romanceparty4u

Answer by romanceparty4u at 12:44 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• ebay with the fees and with the pay pal fees is what is worrying me.
    WildCat73

Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 7:09 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• you could try convergysworkathome.com It is phone work for 9 dollars an hour
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 8, 2012

• Hi Get Excited & Stay Excited! I totally understand your frustrations. There are a lot of scams out there. I am a former work at home employee. I started actually back in 2001 working from home with employers and came home full time in 2008 due to losing my job, but I had 2 home businesses that I was working that brought in the income. I am still home full-time running my home businesses. Granted it is hard work-- people do not understand that it requires dedication, self-motivation, drive, and really getting out there to get it done to be at home running a home business. I won't do work at home jobs anymore because of their requirements and still you can be laid off or fired from those jobs. I don't have to worry about that working my home businesses and I certainly don't have a cap on the income I can earn running my home businesses. Being an entrepreneur can be for anyone if you have the heart and drive...
    blessed2behome

Answer by blessed2behome at 12:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• But it really won't work if you still have the "employee" mindset which that is what happens-- people have a hard time transitioning from employee to entrepreneur. I didn't... I dived right in and enjoy all of the benefits of owning my own home business and the awesome tax write-offs I receive. Now part of one of my businesses is helping others to find jobs from home- I have been helping people since 2003 and have helped over 400 people to secure jobs from home. I have a group on here called Blessed 2 Be Home where I provide information on some of the confidential companies I used to work for from home & other companies that I know are hiring. I am now providing weekly job leads as I get them in and there is other information to help you work from home and to help you find a job from home. I do also provide help for those desiring to own their own business as well.
    blessed2behome

Answer by blessed2behome at 12:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2012