What would you do/do you agree with this? adult content

so i just read an article about cologne germany instating a ban on circumcising infants/babies. "According to the court ruling, "the fundamental right of the child to bodily integrity outweighs the fundamental rights of the parents."
"The child's body is permanently and irreparably changed by the circumcision. This change runs counter to the interests of the child, who can decide his religious affiliation himself later in life," it said.

me personally agree with the courts and believe we (the good old USA) should have laws like this that also include the circumcision of female infants/babies and piercing of the ears and any other thing that scars a child... i feel it would be a better law than taxing people for choosing not to buy insurance!

how about you? do you or dont you agree with this & why? if you are for circumcision & there was a law like this one what would you do/ how would you go about snipping your sons?

flowersmama

Asked by flowersmama at 7:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• http://www.babycenter.com/204_german-court-bans-circumcision-of-young-boys_10369265.bc?scid=momsbaby_20120703:2&pe=MlVBdzI2NXwyMDEyMDcwMw..

here is the site i read from

flowersmama

Comment by flowersmama (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• i think its silly. a child is a parent's responsibility until a certain age..not the child's responsibility, nor the government's. the government has no say in how i raise my child.
    sure, you can read and become informed on medical treatments/etc, and make educated decisions FOR YOUR CHILD..but you/government can't make those for me. IMO.
    less government, people! wake up.

(had to delete and retype that..totally messed it up~ lol.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 7:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• So, does this mean the government will choose everything for my child? How about where I educate them? Oh, does this mean I no longer have to make choices on his autism treatment?

Am I going to get in trouble for choosing to have is one testicle removed when he was 1 year old because it hadn't formed correctly and the tissue died?

This leads to soo many questions!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• I decided not to circ my son because it seemed barbaric to me. When he grows up if he wants to have his foreskin removed, I will support that. But I've never understood how we can be so horrified by female circumcision and then encourage male circumcision? It is an outdated and medically unnecessary practice. 90% of the world leave their boys intact, and their penises aren't rotting off.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:30 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• Oh, and Germany has some ridiculous bans already...theyre like the California of Europe. They've banned certain names; as in, you arent allowed by the government to give your child one of the names they deem unfit.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 7:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• I've never understood how we can be so horrified by female circumcision and then encourage male circumcision?
    One is a religious covenant between a people and their God.
    The other is a form of sexual control.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:38 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• popcorn This one is going to be good.

leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

>>>
    Do you live in Germany?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• and make educated decisions FOR YOUR CHILD..but you/government can't make those for me.
    >>>
    Really? So do you support parent's right not to have children treated for potentially or even definitively fatal diseases?
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 7:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2012

• All I have to say is that I am SOOOOOOO glad that I never had a son because I didn't have to make that call. Though, when I was pregnant, I told my ex that if we did have a son I'd stand by his decision on that (he was pro circ). And, honestly I've never even been with someone uncirc'd.

But, having said that, I do see how it can be considered barbaric. And, I honestly can't stand to see little babies with their ears pierced. My girls won't be having that done until at least 8.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 8:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2012