What size clothes to most 10 year old boys wear?

I have a son whom I placed for adoption & I see him frequently but I don't know what size clothes he wears. I don't want to ask his parents because I want to buy him a special present for his upcoming birthday. I want it to be a surprise. I know he wears a size 7.5 in MEN'S shoes. Any input would be great.

etropic1

Asked by etropic1 at 7:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• it really depends on the child. maybe you can ask his adoptive parents the sizes and ask them to keep it a secret
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think generally. kids who are 10 wear around a size 10 or 12. But if he is in mens shoes, he may be a little bigger. My son who is 10 wears size 8 or some 10 slims. But they are long.
    nicrogers

Answer by nicrogers at 9:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son is almost 10. He wears a size 10, or Medium. It's a hard age. My son is super tall and skinny, but he has some friends who are really, really big and others that look like they're 7 or 8 years old. It's super hit or miss.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 10:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Oh, and wow, those are some big feet. I'm betting he's tall. My son is pretty tall and he's only in a size 4.5 shoe.
    lisafdoula

Answer by lisafdoula at 11:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son is 10 going on 11 and he is in size 8 men's shoes. He is slender built and wears a size Lg in the boys department for shirts and a size 12-14 pants. Maybe when you are shopping if you see a child about the same size ask the parent with them what size they were. I have to shop for my grand kids like that some times. They live in a different state and I don't get to see them as often as I like. The parents I ask don't seem to mind. But always approach them first. Good Luck Gemaof4
    Gemaof4

Answer by Gemaof4 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my son wears a 14 or a 16 depending on brand. Some 14s fall off, some don't fit. Go figure. He wears a 8 in men's shoes.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son just turned 10 in December and he is very big for his age. He is 5'4" tall and weighs 130 lbs. He is in a size 29/30 mens jeans (29" waist 30" long). He can get into size 18 boys but they are tight. He wears either a youth XL shirt (14/16) or mens Small shirt. His shoe size is 7 in mens. You may ask his parents how tall he is, and how much he weighs. Most sales people should be able to give you a good estimate on size based on that information. You don't have to tell them you are buying him clothes or anything like that, just let them know you are interested in knowing.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son is 10 and wears a 12 slim,but i have a 15 year ols whom wears shoe size 11 and jeans 30/30.he is tall.
    cherrybomb814

Answer by cherrybomb814 at 3:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• There is too much variety in the sizes of ten year olds to really be sure.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:12 AM on Feb. 4, 2009