Leaving a fox to watch the chickens?!? Foster care

http://m.nbcwashington.com/nbcwashington/pm_107907/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=QPBSspWl

12-Year-Old Charged in 2-Year-Old's Death

It's tragic that this 2yo was put in foster care to keep her 'safe'.
I hope the boys parents are held accountable for leaving them all alone.

adopteeme

Asked by adopteeme at 5:00 AM on Jul. 6, 2012 in Adoption

• RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:08 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• I got it to open. This is so tragic. A two year old who only new violence and dies violently.  It's heart breaking.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:10 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• So sad.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:49 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• Did the 12 year old have any kind of history of violence? Many people let their 12 year old child care for the younger ones while they do errands. It's a tragic story absolutely.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• why were foster parents leaving a foster child(specially a baby) alone with no adult supervision? i thought there are laws about this? it is one thing when they ARE ALL YOUR CHILDREN ages 2-15, but if i was leaving anyone of my older children in charge of my other children, my babies come with me... they are babies... plus now that poor 4 year old & 15 year old witnessed this happen... they are going to have some major issues. the 15 year old prolly blames its self, or will end up doing so. poor kids, poor families...
    flowersmama

Answer by flowersmama at 7:19 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• I hear there are really some nice foster families that really love kids but most of the movies I see they are always cruel.
    I read the book series of a child called it, he was in some good ones and bad ones, but that was in the 60's I think. I would have thought things would have changed in this day and age. They screen people and make them take classes in Ohio to be foster parents. A girl I went to HS with had all 7 of her kids taken away and put in foster care and they are better off. I hear they are all up for adoption now. It's sad that kids have to be put through that at all.
    Erros666

Answer by Erros666 at 8:30 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• Most of the foster homes where children are seriously hurt are actually family members who were given temporary status as foster homes to provide emergency care. For this reason I am not a fan of families being the first option initially. After a very good look at requesting family I have no issues. Several cases I knew of the media never caught on it was family members. Most foster homes are safer than the previous situation. These cases make all of foster care look bad. I do agree that training of foster parents lacks quite a bit. I can say that as a person who leads classes, as a perspective foster parent, and a social worker. I was often shocked to hear what other parenting ideas were given by social workers and experienced parents. It was not theraputic nor appropriate. This is what causes safety issues.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:42 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• How tragic :(
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 8:43 AM on Jul. 6, 2012

• poor, poor baby
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Heartbreaking, awful.

Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2012