5-month old going to bed at 6 p.m.

My son goes to bed at 6 p.m. Is that okay? I just feel bad because it seems so early! Is it normal for babies to go to sleep this early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's totally normal. My daughter went to bed at 6:30 until she was 2. She's almost 4 now and goes to bed between 7 and 7:30.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:53 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Just curious- What time does he wake up?
    skeeter1970

Answer by skeeter1970 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It is totally normal. My son, who is four, went to bed between 6- 6:30pm every night and would wake up some where between 6-6:30 in the morning. He now goes to bed at 7 and sleeps till 7. We are very blessed that our daughter, almost 11 months, is following the same pattern. She goes to bed around 6-6:30 and awakes up around 7am. She also takes 2 naps during the day both ranging between 1-2 hours. I know that if they veer from this, they are not pleasant the next day, so I do my best to keep them on schedule.
    mackfamily

Answer by mackfamily at 8:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• my little girl goes to bed at 7 and always has. You can put your child to bed at any time you want, just realize the earlier they go to bed the earlier they usually wake up.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• oh wow i wish i knew wut u guys were doing! my 18 month old keeps me up till 11:30 sometimes later- but i have to get up by 7 am to get my older boys to school and my 18 month old gets up at that time with no trouble then he takes a 2 hour nap during the day i know hes not getting enough sleep and now reading ur answers saying the times ur kids sleep and wake up makes me think that even more
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 8:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• OP -- Thanks everyone.....I just felt guilty for him going to bed so early..but I must admit it's been nice! He wakes up at about 5:45 to 6:00 so he's getting enough sleep. There are times when he waits until 8 to finally go to bed and wakes up at the same time, so I don't try to keep him up or he'll just get really mad!
    Anonymous