Ok next what can I do with a NO It All Attitude

Now Jacob is very smart but damn he just thinks he knows everything. I have tried telling him that he is smart but not the smartest, he always tries to make other people feel bad espically his step sister who is not as smart as him....

crazystepmom713

Asked by crazystepmom713 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would go ahead and explain to his step sister that he is a typical male and to ignore him. good luck sry thats all i could come up with
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• LOL you totally made me laugh I love the answer now my husband on the other hand LOLOLOL
    crazystepmom713

Answer by crazystepmom713 at 8:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• let me guess-your husband knows the "real" answer. lol..im glad to give you a giggle tonight
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• please tell me how this one goes, we are having the same issues with my son.
    HazyPerception

Answer by HazyPerception at 11:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• THERE IS NOT A CHILD ON THIS EARTH THAT DOES NOT KNOW IT ALL...THEY ALL GO THROUGH IT, AND IN SOME CASES NEVER GET OUT OF IT....BUT TELL HIM YOU ARE SMARTER CAUSE YOUR THE MOM AND MOMS KNOW MORE!!!!!
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 1:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Perhaps explain to him: A person with 'social intelligence' would know how important it is to not attempt to sabotage the ego of those who are in their lives. Because the behavior *he* is exhibiting shows a lack of self-esteem. Someone who is truly confident does not "need" to try and assert their superiority over others who are potentially at a lower level academically.

I used that speech on my cousin a few years ago when she was trying to impress people into believing that she was "all that"... it worked.
    Good luck
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son is the same way, I tell him quick move out while you still know everything and that usually shuts him up.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Ignore the first poster. Please let's not perpetuate negative male stereotypes. If you believe this kind of behavior is "typical" of men, perhaps you are hanging around the wrong crowd. Indigostone has the right idea. Maybe he has a self esteem issue. (let's hope he hasn't somehow met up with a bunch of male-bashing feminazis. That does NOTHING to support a healthy child, male or female.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Try teaching him to use it for "good and not evil." Show him ways to use his intelligence to help people or figure things out...then praise him. Telling him he is not the smartest may worsen the problem..especially if it comes from a feeling of inferiority (usually does). When he acts like a know it all, remind him by asking, "are you using it for good or evil?" Then redirect him toward a more positive behavior. Most kids don't respond as well to telling...they respond better to showing. If you want to stop a behavior, you need to replace it with something else and give him the tools to do it on his own.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 11:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Some parents may not like this response but I tell dd Hey sometimes brothers suck and they do stuff like that cause it gets a reaction ,
    mamamom431

Answer by mamamom431 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 2, 2009