What age can you start juices?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its been a long time since my son was that little but i want to say 4-6 months
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We started at 6 months, mixed with water. (50/50)
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• babies should consume NOTHING but breast milk for AT LEAST the first 6mos. then you can slowly introduce purees & water IF baby is willing. juices should be held off as long as possible. if they're still on the bottle, don't give it to them. it should always be in moderation & watered down.
    Anonymous

• My doc said 6 months. I did juice (watered-down and in a sippy) and some finger food snacks (cheerios, puffs, etc...) for a little afternoon snack when he was about 9 months. I nursed him when he first woke up from his nap, then put him in the high chair for snack time.
    melnshane

Answer by melnshane at 9:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I don't see the necessity for juice, but my pediatrician told me that it's okay if diluted at 6-8 months. If you feel your child is thirsty, give them a little bit of water or breastmilk. You want them to eat their fruits, not drink them.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 10:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• About the same time you'd start them on baby food fruits. Make sure to water it down and make sure it's 100% juice.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 10:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son is just about 6 months and his doctor said it was okay if we wanted to start giving him diluted juice but I don't think I will. I'd much rather him EAT his fruit. I just think juice has too much sugar in it even if it is 100% juice. I dunno, it's just my personal decision. Maybe around a year I'll introduce it but I'd like to wait even longer. There's not really a need for it.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• you can start at 6 months, but only infant juice. infant juice doesn't need to be diluted, so don't add any water. babies don't need water..
    JilliansMum

Answer by JilliansMum at 2:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My pedi said 4 months because that is when they say to start babyfood and it helps keep the baby from getting constipated but I was also told no more than 4oz and NOT to dilute it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2009