I had a cevical biopsy when I was younger... I think it created scar tissue and made it difficult to dilate.

I am somewhat upset about this, cause I got 7 doses of penicillin and was up for 4 days, my water was broke for 30 hours and I wanted a natural water birth... which didn't happen. I am just wondering if I got pregnant again... do you think it would be easier this time around? Or worse? What happens to scar tissue on a cervix? Does it heal completely? Would I have a higher risk of miscarriage? Any info....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Jul. 6, 2012 in Pregnancy

• no info, but suggest you discuss this with your obgyn.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:26 PM on Jul. 6, 2012

• I don't know about the cervical scar tissue specifically but scar tissue in general doesn't really stretch well. This is something you REALLY need to talk to a doc about!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2012

• Yeah, this is something that you need to CONFIRM and then get advice on.

The amount of tissue they remove for cervical biopsy is typically really small. I'd have the doctor confirm there is actually scar tissue there before you get too worried about it.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 1:30 PM on Jul. 6, 2012