dont you just hate new people sometimes ....

Ok so if anyone has read my situation should I let my step daughter talk to the people that she lived with before we got custody of her. They were not the best people and in reality once the child support stopped she dropped her off. She has TONS of issues and I just don't know if keeping her away from them is the right thing to do... Her father refuses to let her speak to them because of the way they raised her... I feel bad... HELP!

crazystepmom713

Asked by crazystepmom713 at 8:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ehhh....how old is your sd?
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think I would get her on the right track before worrying about the people she lived with. Worry about "fixing" stepdaughter first.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would talk with a conselor and see what is best for your daughter. Every child is different and has different needs.
    KayRay

Answer by KayRay at 9:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Sending you a pm on this one so I can go into some personal stuff.
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 2:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If she is older than 12 then it should be her choice.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 7:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• More of that negative influence can't help her. I would probably do everything I could to increase the good things in her life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009