How do i win my unemployment appeal?

I was fired from my job for drinking with my work shirt on. I was off the clock. And i was also given permission by my manager to do so. When i was leaving, he pulled me aside and told me that i was fired for doing so. Do you think i have a chance here? He would allow others to do the same and not to be punished.

unsure1083

Asked by unsure1083 at 8:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• Put what you said happened in your statement and request that the person who fired you attend the hearing. They can't lie in front on the judge so when its time to make your final statements you can mention what you said happened and you will win because that is a stupid reason to fire someone. Good Luck!! I have won mine in the past.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 8:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I doubt he fired you after he said it was OK. You need to tell the truth and see what happens.
    Anonymous

• I would explain to the hearing judge what happened. I think you have a good chance.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You should win. Just make you sure you tell the judge that you were told by your manager it was OK to do so, and that if it would'nt have OK been you never would have done that.
    MamaLuvsNolan

Answer by MamaLuvsNolan at 3:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2009