How much would you pay for jewelry?

I am starting my own business and I am trying to figure out how much to charge people on my jewelry. Everyone says I am not charging enough, but I don't want to over charge them either. It's hand made and is really good quality. Sorry I don't have a picture of anything there isn't an option. If you could please let me know it would help me out a lot! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Shopping

• It all depends on the style and types of materials used. One of the best estimates is to figure out how much it costs to make it (including labor) then mark it up 50-100%. It also depends on the people you are selling to. It sounds like they have money they are willing to spend so it wouldn't hurt to raise prices.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My husband is the one who buys me all the jewelryso it depends on what he thinks is good enough etc. he bought me a beautiful topaz ring 2 weeks ago and that cost £545 which i absolutely love, it was top of the range good materials and everything. But i do buy jewelry out on my own and i usually pay between £5-£50 depending n what shop i go to.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 9:04 AM on Feb. 3, 2009