Can I still use Proactive?

I am 5 weeks pg and wanted to know if it is still okay to use proactive on my face. Anyone Know. I haven't got a doctor appointment yet so I can't ask a doctor.

SusanReeves

Asked by SusanReeves at 9:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i use proactive, and have my whole pregnancy, my doc said its fine... im 30 weeks.

my friend also uses it, she used it b4 she got pregnant and wasnt sure if she could when she found out she was pregnant but talked to her doc and has used it the whole time.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I'm thinking no. Tylenol is pretty much the only medication that you can take. But I would ask your OBGYN or dermatologist.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I doubt it. I would stop until you ask the doc. I know there are lots of acne medication that is not safe to use while pregnant.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 9:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• most likely ur doc will tell u to wait during ur first trimester to use it.... i didnt use it until i was around 23 weeks, but than again i didnt order it until than lol... but i have googled it, asked my doc, everything.... and i believe its totally fine.
    Anonymous