Why do people pick strange names?

Why do people insist on naming their kids things that no one else can pronounce? I am so tired of the polls asking about names and then the pronounciation has to be explained. Think of your kids- how will the feel having a name that no one will ever get right?

Crazy-Steph

Asked by Crazy-Steph at 9:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I totally agree!! :)
    MomToYoungerSis

Answer by MomToYoungerSis at 9:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• is it ur child?? no its not.

why dont you worry about your kids and not what other parents wanna name their kids...

Anonymous

• I agree with anon.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 9:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• For attention.
    Anonymous

• i think some people have interesting names. yeah you may have to pronounce it for them..but in the end they are like WOW that is a beautiful name! AND...its remembered.

at least thats what people tell me LOL. my daughters name is Adalyn Raine. I just wanted something different for her.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• for attention??? Wow some women who post questions on this site and some women who answer them. Like the other anon said, it isnt your child so dont worry about it... how old are we? Instead of worrying about that, why dont you worry about how you can focus more on yourself rather than what other people wanna name their children.
    Anonymous

• I think it is selfish on the parents part to so badly want their kids to have different names that they don't think of that childs future
    Anonymous

• is my daughters name a bad name? :(
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• WHY CAN"T SHE JUST ASK THE QUESTION! Sheesh ladies its in just for fun why do you all have to trash her? I think they do it so their child will have a unique name, and also so people will remember them. My sons name is Keagan like Keygan, but every once in awhile someone will call him Kaygan. I didn't think at the time I was naming a hard to pronounce name, but you never know.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Keely07 your daughters name is beautiful and I love it.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 9:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009