Do you agree with this guy and his prediction about a 100% chance of having a global recession?

According to Marc Faber, the author of the Gloom, Boom, and Doom Report, a global recession is all but a certainty later this year or in early 2013.

When he was asked what sort of odds he put on a global recession happening, the economist famous for his ominous predictions quickly answered:  100%.”

Faber’s pessimism during his recent appearance on CNBC wasn’t surprising for a man whose nickname is “Doctor Doom.” 

What was surprising was his level of certainty that a global recession was coming.

Faber stated that there is a “meaningful slowdown in India and China” that many investors are missing due to the media’s focus on Greece and Spain.

This is just a highlight, but essentially what the article focuses on. But this other guy named  Robert Wiedemer did what Marc Faber couldn’t: He accurately predicted the economic collapse that almost sunk the United States. 

In 2006, Wiedemer and a team of economists foresaw the coming collapse of the U.S. housing market, equity markets, private debt, and consumer spending, and published their findings in the book America’s Bubble Economy.

But Wiedemer’s outlook for the U.S. economy today makes “Doctor Doom” sound like Mr. Rogers. 

Where Faber sees a global recession, Wiedemer sees much more widespread economic destruction.

So what do you ladies think??

http://www.newsmax.com/Newswidget/Faber-100chance-recession/2012/05/31/id/440837?promo_code=F1D5-1&utm_source=westernJournalism&utm_medium=nmwidget&utm_campaign=widgetphase1 

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:52 PM on Jul. 6, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought we were already IN a global recession.

Just because no one wants to admit it doesn't mean it isn't here. (Just my opinion :))
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 10:54 PM on Jul. 6, 2012

• Yeah, I thought we already were too. I mean, a lot of other industrialized nations are even worse than the US right now.

3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:18 PM on Jul. 6, 2012

• Ya true enough....
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Jul. 6, 2012

• Yep, I agree with the other moms on this one. I'd like to know what meets their definition of a "recession"? If this isn't it, we are def. standing there looking down on it!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:19 AM on Jul. 7, 2012

• Like the others, I do believe we are in a global recession. I also believes that A.) it is likely to get worse and B.) it will continue to have a slowing effect on our own economic recovery.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 2:09 PM on Jul. 7, 2012

• Personally, I think the US economy is going to tank either at the end of this year or beginning of next, no matter WHO is elected President.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 2:49 PM on Jul. 7, 2012

• We are already in a global recession..imo what is facing us is a global DEPRESSION.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:19 PM on Jul. 7, 2012