Need Ideas

My 3 month old will fall asleep at a decent time, but as soon as I lay him down and leave hes wide awake. If I lay with him or just let him lay in my lap he can sleep forever. Any ideas of how I can lay him down, leave, and him stay asleep? Maybe swaddling him .. idk im just looking for ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm lucky as my son has "found" his hands and now sucks on them to fall asleep. However, in the mornings sometimes he'll just lay awake and babble -- at like 5 in the morning, so we bought this little projector thing that plays music and when you face it towards the ceiling/wall it lights up 4 different shapes -- a heart, a smiley face, and two other things. The music and "light show" will play for 5/10/15 minutes whatever you want. He watches it and ends up falling asleep again. We bought it at Walmart.
    Anonymous

• he's just not ready to sleep without you. let him sleep in a sling while you do what you need. i remember at 3 mos being dead tired. i would just sleep w/ him if i were you. it's hard to be left alone when you're just a baby.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son LOVED being swaddled. I would try that.

I also would let him sleep in his bouncer, in our room. He would sleep much better when he was in a reclined position rather than on his back. It didn't last very long, I was worried that is how he would sleep FOREVER. But he got over it. It helped to put him on his back during naps, so he would get used to it. Then we would extend it to night time as well.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would try a swaddle... my son would only sleep swaddled until about a month ago (he's 6 months now) I have also heard of people using a heating pad to warm the sheets in the crib before putting the baby down... but NEVER put the baby ON the heating pad!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My dd did the same thing, I put her on her side, she went right to sleep, i have even put her on her stomach, I know they say not to but some babies don't like their back.
    Anonymous