Bug bites

I have a 7 and 9 year old with some massive bug bites,what is the best thing to put on them to help with the itching?

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 7:52 AM on Jul. 7, 2012 in Kids' Health

• I like Cortizone 10 -Plus. I've heard Benadryl cream works well too. Maybe a soak in an oatmeal bath like you do for chicken pox would give them some relief too. Poor things. :/

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:55 AM on Jul. 7, 2012

• thanks :)
    proudmom34

Comment by proudmom34 (original poster) at 7:58 AM on Jul. 7, 2012

• Calamine
    Afterbite
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:14 AM on Jul. 7, 2012

• There is a product called After Bite. It's for mosquito bites and it really works.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:48 AM on Jul. 7, 2012

• Before they even go outside, take a Bounce sheet rub their clothes and arms and legs with it. Put it in a pocket or roll it up and weave it in the belt loops of their shorts. It really keeps the bugs away. I did that for the 3 fireworks shows we went to and it really worked.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:49 AM on Jul. 7, 2012

• You can make a paste of water and baking soda that will help take the itch and sting out.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:34 AM on Jul. 7, 2012

• Aloe!! We cut a little bit off the plant and smear it on the bite and then put a band aid over it (it is sticky stuff) and leave it overnight. It will discolor your skin slighlty as it dries, but you will not have to reapply like you do with all the store bought stuff. My youngest gets massive bites and this works wonders.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:01 PM on Jul. 7, 2012