When should your child be off of baby food?

?

kittie1919104

Asked by kittie1919104 at 9:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can start on regular table foods at a year. And you can ease them off baby food. My son was about a year and a half before we were completely done with baby foods.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Whenever he or she is ready. Some kids are off before they turn one, others are still eating some baby food at 18 months or later, and some kids never eat baby food at all.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 9:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I asked my pedi this question and he said you should start at around 6 months slowly and then whenever you feel comfortable for you and the baby to take them off
    serenaxxmarie

Answer by serenaxxmarie at 9:44 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• My son is 8 months and is still on baby food. I have tried introducing some table food to him but he is NOT interested. He likes to smash the stuff up in his hand before he'll even think about putting it in his mouth. I'm not going to push it though. I know he'll figure it out eventually. I doubt he'll be 2 years old and still on baby food, kwim?
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Anytime you would like. You could probably wait a long time or start at 6 months-just make sure to mash everything up appropriately for the age of the child.
    Anonymous

• MY kids were off baby food before they were 9 months.

You can start introducing table foods whenever you feel they're ready. Baby food isn't even necessary, it's just easy practice and an easy way to try them on foods to test for sensitivities.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My son is 17 mos and eats table food and baby food.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009