Can you really get pregnant while pregnant?

I heard someone claim they got pregnant with twins but they were a month apart in age due to when they got conceived.
she did not know and the doctors discovered a younger aged baby when she was having the other one,the babies both lived just one was well younger when born but healthy.
Is this possible to have seperate conception dates and carry more than one,in this manner.?
I mean you can get pregnant and continue to have your period so is it possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It's not impossible for a woman to continue to ovulate while pregnant. Not likely, but not impossible.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:48 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Well, I guess to answer you question(I think; if this is what you mean) fraternal twins are twins that are concieved at different times. That is why they dont look alike etc. Identical twins are concieved at the same time etc....
    Anonymous

• Thank you halfpint ny for your answer:>)
    Anonymous

• man thats so cool but so freaky...
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 9:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Ok,was not sure if what i heard pertained to fraternal twins or there may be some other medical reason,thanks for your answer.
    That is what i thought but wanted to get some feedback.
    Anonymous

• So at birth, one could be preterm??
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Yes,one could be more preterm.
    Anonymous

• wow, that is the strangest thing i have ever heard of...kind of freaky!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 10:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• No
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Ok so to the person who answered with this "Well, I guess to answer you question(I think; if this is what you mean) fraternal twins are twins that are concieved at different times. That is why they dont look alike etc. Identical twins are concieved at the same time etc..", that's not right at all...sorry. ALL twins are concieved at the same time. Here's a website and scroll down a little bit it explains the difference between identical and fraternal. http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/twins/expecting_twins.html

There are people, it's VERY rare, and doesn't happen that often. who do have two uterus.There's all kinds of information on it on the net, I'd look it up you'd be amazed on all the stuff you can find about it.

Anonymous