To eat or not to eat??...that is the question

I am 36 weeks and have vurtually no appetite. Do I eat anyways? Just a little? Or wait until I am hungry? I was hungrty through my whole pregnancy with my first. This is my second and has proven to be wayyyy different than my first, so I dont know what to do.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i feel the same way. I just don't get hungry! I try to make myself eat a healthy-ish breakfast, something for lunch and then a small dinner. If i eat after 7 I feel like death the rest of the night. Don't force yourself to eat just because you THINK you need to. Do whatever feels right for your stomach. Good luck
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i would eat normal meals and choose a healthy snack in between your meals.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would go consult with a prenatal dietician/nutritionist over this, as well as your doctor.
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I have the opposite problem I am 35.3 weeks along and I have a HUGE appetite. But I had a friend who lost her appetite towards the end, she just ate and when she was full, she stopped and then would eat again when she got a little bit hungry. Your stomach is so smashed right now, that there is not a whole lot you can fit in.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I'm 36 weeks and go through this off and on.. sometimes I have to remind myself that I haven't eaten in a while. Keep in mind you only really need an extra 300 calories a day. So if you try to eat 3 small meals, balancing them out with 2-3 healthy snacks a day you will be right on track.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2009