Is it possible that my 2 and a half month old is teething?

His eating pattern has changed quite a bit. He used eats 4 oz + now when I make him a 4 oz bottle he'll eat very little and start screaming. Hes been extremely grumpy and will barely even sleep. He whines and crys constantly, i was thinking of taking him to the docs tomorrow to see whats wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• everything is possible , some babies are even born with teeth. I know my daughter screamed all night when she got her first 2 teeth. And i dont kno about the others because she doesnt have em yet
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Have you tried changing the formula? It may be upsetting to his stomach. Ask your ped which he would recommend. How are the BM's, is he constipated? It could be many things. He made need less frequent naps now and require more stimulation through playtime to "wear him out". Good Luck figuring it out (just trial and error).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I agree, it could be a million things. Def. take her to your ped. if you are concerned.

Have you tried different positions for giving a bottle? is she gassy? if you think it is teething pain, I can't remember if babies that age can have tylenol?? Lol. if so, go for it, or homeopathis teething tablets.

If you think she is gassy, try a hot water bottle (not too hot of course!) on her tummy, or bicycling her legs, rubbing her belly, etc. some people have success with gripe water too,

good luck!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 11:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It is possible. But just being grumpy and not eating normal amount does not mean he is teething. Is he slobbering more, is his checks more red than normal, if you rub your finger along his bottom gum, where the first two teeth come in at, can you feel anything. Like an edge of a tooth, or something right under the gum. Did you or your SO get teeth early? Like many have said he could be teeth, but it could be many other things as well.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009