Does anyone know where I can get a cheap bed for my son?

My son is 4 and I finally can afford to get him a good bed. He's already over 3 1/2 feet tall so I was thinking of giving him my queen size bed and I'll get a new one. Unless anyone knows of a place that has inexpensive beds for toddlers? I've looked online and like the loft beds that have slides on them. I figured he'd like to sleep in his own room if he had one of those. But I don't know. Any suggestions would be great.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 10:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• ONe: Your son doesnt need a queen size mattress. Two: YOu can go to craigslist.com and click on your city and find bed for sale in your area, and the newspaper has them for sale.
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Have you checked into freecycle.org? It is a website people gift things that they do not need any more. Check and see if there is one in your area. Also have you tried salvation army or second hand stores or even discount places?
    BARBMASTEL1

Answer by BARBMASTEL1 at 10:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Look at goodwill for a frame. Mattresses I prefer new . You can get them around 100. :) Good luck.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• walmart has beds pretty cheap .craigslist ,ebay
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• ikea http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/childrens_ikea/10422/

I would stay away from used mattresses....You never know what will come with it.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 6:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2009