When is the best time to start buying baby stuff?

Right now I am right at 14 weeks and I dont have the budget to buy every single thing I need in the last month of the pregnancy. Plus im planning on moving into a bigger place. I feel like $$$ is going out the window more then in! So Im wondering when all you other moms think its best to start looking and start buying things?

AmberNation

Asked by AmberNation at 10:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i started right away and i just but it all together and everything i have almost everything and im due in april!!
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 10:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I think the best time is after your 20 week u/s. I know it sounds awful but that way you know all is okay for sure and you know the sex. (if you want). I also just think it's in the middle and a good time to start gathering up things. Good luck
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Start looking now. You don't have to by now. Get an idea of what you want and be thrifty about buying it. If you aren't oppsed use thrift shops for clothes and gear like swings, and exersaucers b/c they can be cleaned really good, as well as clothes and receiving blankets. Babies grow so fast so I don't really buy anything new unless I have to or it comes as a gift. You can even use the dollar stores to buy baby soap, lotion, oil and wipes as well. I wish you all the luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I would go ahead and start buying diapers. They are so expensive and go through them so fast. You won't go wrong with diapers!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Thanks! I have kinda already started looking some on craigslist and ebay but nothing too major. Ill have to make a stop at some thrift stores and see whats available. And the diapers!? Already!?. Ahhh.
    AmberNation

Answer by AmberNation at 10:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i wouldn't buy too much until after your baby shower, that way your only buying what you don't already have
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 10:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I started buying as soon as I found out :) I couldn't help myself. Just don't forget: You'll have the baby shower, so don't buy too much! AND remember when buying clothes: spread the sizes out from newborn-12 months, I know the littlest are the cutest, but they don't stay that little for very long.
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 10:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• we started buying big things at 30 weeks (crib, chaning table, bedding). Before that, if we were out and about and found a cute outfit or something, we would pick it up. I just had my babyshower yesterday and got a ton of stuff.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:55 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• We waited for financial reasons, but we got almost everything we needed at our baby shower. We were able to just fill in the holes from there. Right now, with the economy the way it is, you can get some good deals. You can also go on Craigslist or check the local classifieds for some great baby deals. Or garage sales (the season is coming soon), Salvation Army/Goodwill, and consignment shops. A lot of things can be washed or sanitized. Anything that can't be I'd be leery of. Check things for safety, for cracks, etc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You cans tar now. Buy wipes and diapers and baby soap to do laundry . All this stuff you can do without knowing the sex. Also you can buy baby food. Just look at the experation date. Good luck. Me and my husband are teting for our third and I have already got a tub of wipes.
    vickyburns

Answer by vickyburns at 12:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2009