Does it take longer to get a positive Pregnancy test if you conceived due to failed tubal ligation?

I know it is possible to conceive despite having a tubal ligation. I Know the odds are slim but I happens. I had a bilateral tubal ligation by cauterizing the tubes in 2006. As of today I am 7 days late for my period and I have sore breasts. My cycles are 28 /29 days long like clockwork. I keep track of my cycles on a period tracker app. Ive taken many pregnancy tests all negative. This is the first time I've ever been this late with out a positive pregnancy test. I am wondering if it takes longer to get a positive pregnany test if the egg has had to travel an alternate route, or took longer to work its way through tubes?

alisiagoines

Asked by alisiagoines at 6:52 PM on Jul. 7, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• No it doesn't.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:56 PM on Jul. 7, 2012

• Why would take it take longer? If you are pregnant then you are pregnant, regardless of how you got pregnant. If you test before a missed period chances are you are testing too early.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:58 PM on Jul. 7, 2012

• The only other person I know, personally who got preg even though her tubes are tied, didn't get a positive pregnancy test until her period was late for 3 weeks...... My thinking is that from the time the ovary releases the egg til it finds the sperm and implants is usually 10 days or so. But if the egg takes a direr rent route because of blocked tubes or takes longer to work through a tiny opening then it may meet the sperm later and take longer to fertilize and implant. This would delay the period but may not produce enough hcg to show up on a pregnancy test until later that usual.
    alisiagoines

Comment by alisiagoines (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Jul. 7, 2012

• No. You don't start producing the HcG hormone until an embryo has implanted. If you were indeed pregnant and had enough hormones in your system to produce symptoms of pregnancy, you'd have a positive test.
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 7:17 PM on Jul. 7, 2012

• I guess I should ask if implantation can take longer than normal because the egg may have had more traveling to do...?
    alisiagoines

Comment by alisiagoines (original poster) at 7:21 PM on Jul. 7, 2012

• You need to call you ob- if you are in fact pregnant and it is a tubal pregnancy- which would be the most likely out come and may or may not bring on a pos test result- you need to know sooner rather than later.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:51 PM on Jul. 7, 2012