My 5 yr old has a strange rash

Ok...Picked my son up today from his Dad, he looked fine, then got home, his face looked a little red , I took his temp, no fever, he ate supper fine, drinking fine. I asked him and he said he felt good. Went to get him ready for bed and his dad said he had a bath so i was putting his jammies on and couldn't believe how bad the rash was...I called the nurse line, im taking him in in the morning to his ped. I wondered if anyone else has ran into this? The rash is all over his body, little tiny pin head sized raised bumps.. Thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Kids' Health

• it's so hard to guess a rash without pictures. could be hives or allergic reaction, viral, etc. have you given him some benedryl?
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• yeah i did at bedtime.. I know even seeing it has me confused, thats why im taking him to the dr in the morn....
    Anonymous

• Hmmm...
    Roseola? or maybe Fifths disease? Possibly allergic to something? Hard to tell without seeing it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 11:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Keep in mind that alot of rashes actually look much worse after a bath because the hot water irritates the rash and makes it more visible. My son has eczema and it always looks worse after a bath.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• pick prick rash sounds a little like a heat rash. was he sweaty at all ?
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 4:34 PM on Feb. 6, 2009

• sorry pin prick
    3rdtymsthecharm

Answer by 3rdtymsthecharm at 10:56 AM on Feb. 7, 2009