I have such a hard time finding activities for my 18 month old son and I to do!

He eats crayons, playdough, and paper sometimes! It's very frustrating sometimes! I also have a 4 month old that I breastfeed so I need a little flexibility. Something fun and educational, and something physical so he can run and tire out for nap time! Please HELP!

KorisMum

Asked by KorisMum at 10:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Does he like dancing? My DD loves to dance so I turn on a radio dance with her a little and then let her dance her heart out. I have found that Crayon Color Wonders to be a wonderful addition to my DD's play. I can clean the house without worrying about marks on the wall, etc. I actually like to color with them. I have also gotten the premade Pillsbury cookies and let my DD place them on the pan. She loves when we do that usually once a month. Also, I have bought Elmo dvd's for her and once a day she half watches half plays to one of those. I know we do more, but I can't remember all of it right now. Good Luck!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• A few idea's Rolling a ball back and forth, stacking boxes/blocks, reading, toss a ball and have him bring it back to you. If its warmer where you are give him a alittle water and a large paint brush and paint the side walk.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Have you looked at your library or YMCA? They have classes that might work for your. I take my son to a playtime where he can run around, crawl through tunnels & tents, and play with balls. He loves it and it is only abotu 45 min long. They don't care if you are on time either. It's only $15 a month per class in my area.
    Vespa

Answer by Vespa at 10:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2009