Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my boyfriend of two years won't move with me..

My SO and I have been together for a while, and my sister lives 4 hours away from me, and is going to school in May to be an LPN. If I go live with her, I can finish school at least 2 years faster than at the school i'm going to now. We have a 6 month old daughter, and he doesn't want to move away from him family and friends. I feel like I need to do this to support my family, and I don't want to leave him, but I need to do what's best for my daughter. I can't be with him anymore if we're that far apart. I don't know what to do, should I move and leave him, or stay and wait 2+ years to get a degree. I love him with all my heart and it would kill me to leave without him.

Answer Question

Asked by sunshineemommy at 10:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

Level 16 (3,085 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I did the same thing and now me and my SO arent together. and I only moved 45 mins away. if you really love him and want to be with him than you need to sit down and AGREE on something together.

    Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:01 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

  • yeah you need to sit down and talk about everything. my boyfriend is 26 hours away from me and its hard as hell. being 4 hrs away isnt that big of a deal compared to 26. your lucky. but we are still together and hes been gone since august. we visited twice now. and hes coming next month. long distance relationships are hard..but being only 4 hrs guys can def do weekends or something liek that. MAKE time for each other. and tell him how u feel. dont give up.

    Answer by Keeely07 at 11:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

  • if it's only 2 yrs whats the big deal. he should really move with you and the baby. i think he is being selfish and is not putting his family first. 2 yrs will go by just like that. i would only concentrate on whats best for you and your baby and leave him out of it. he has the option to be with you but you have every obligation to your daughter to provide the best life possible and getting your life and your degree to provide more for your daughter sooner is what you should do. you can just hope that your man will do the right thing by stepping up to the plate and be there with you both. if he doesn't come go knowing that you are setting aside everything to get everything your baby deserves. you can come back in 2 yrs. your baby won't miss her daddy. besides a real father will not let his daughter go anywhere without him there to. so tell him you are going and that is final. he'll change his mind u just need to stand firm.

    Answer by melody77 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
can you be too late?

Next question overall (Money & Work)
child care.