I have a bumb around the size of a pea maybe slightly larger in my armpit, what could it be?

It is under the skin and is raised (a bump) but doesn't look like a zit or anything. It is hard and hurts mainly to the touch. I shaved my armpits a couple days ago but i noticed the bump just today. Im scared its cancer or something. Have any of you had something like this? I read about ingrown hairs but this bump isn't pimple like. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Health

• I too have this also..mine is under my left armpit...I was told that it is either a cyst (in your milk ducts) OR just your milk duct being 'plugged' up...Best bet to figure out which one is to go to your OB/GYN and have a test done!
    MomTo2Boys2526

Answer by MomTo2Boys2526 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• It is most likely a sebacious cyst. That is to say a cyst that consists of fatty material. Sometimes they ruture on their own. Sometimes they need to be lanced. Sometimes soaking them with a warm wet cloth several times and applying a gentle pressurre will cause it to evacuate. Contacting your Dr. is never a bad idea though.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I get them all the time. When I gently squeeze it after a hot shower it pops.
    Anonymous

• Eeks..I always think of Terms of Endearment with the armpit bump. Sorry. Honestly though, it sounds like a cyst.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2009