how do I get a 10 month old baby to sleep in her crib?

right now she is sleeping in my bed with me, it's been about a month and a half now. I am sick of waking up with a sore back.This is completely my fault for letting her sleep with me in the beginning , but she had this awful cold and could not breath. anyways, do I let her cry herself to sleep? I am not sure how to get her back in her crib. HELP!!

.JO.

Asked by .JO. at 11:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• youll probably have to do CIO (cry it out). Put her down and let her cry in incriments at first. give her 20 minutes, if she hasnt calmed down, go in and rub her back, but dont pick her up! thats very imoprtant. stay in there for at max 5 minutes and then try it again for another 20 mintues. she will fall asleep eventually, and every night that you do this the time that it takes for her to fall asleep will be shorter and shorter. good luck!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Does she nap on her own? If so this should help with the transition. You can also try putting her in her crib and sitting there with her until she falls asleep. I usually rock my son to sleep then put him in his crib and he is good to go. He also uses a pacifier which helps.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 11:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• she is napping in my bed. she will only fall asleep with me. I use to rock her to sleep then slip her in her crib, but now as soon as I put her down she wakes up and starts to cry. I think I may try the CIO. she's very attached to me so I think that will be best for her. I just hate listening to her cry, she gets herself so worked up it sounds as if she is going to stop breathing.
    .JO.

Answer by .JO. at 11:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• i completely understand where your coming from! it sucks!! but it will be worth it! my best friend did the same thing you did and now her son is 2 1/2 and STILL sleeps in bed with her!! thats how i learned my lesson that CIO is worth it lol. she will be fine! i know some people are horribly against it, but with you going in there and comforting her a bit, youre still showing her trust, your just teaching her that its not her way!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• put her down in her crib, and give her 10 minutes. if she still hasn't calmed down, then go in and comfort her. if she is truly tired, she will fall asleep.
    JilliansMum

Answer by JilliansMum at 2:08 AM on Feb. 2, 2009