How long should it take to shop producing breast milk?

I started weaning my 5 month old son a couple weeks ago by dropping one feeindg at a time. A week ago I felt that I had stopped producing enough milk to continue feeding him and we moved to a bottle 100% of the time. I was for for three days and then I started experiencing a lot of pain - enough that I could not even hold the baby against my chest without pain. I don't feel engorged, it is just really really sore. Has anyone had a similar situation or have any ideas what I should try next?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Health

• i never got pain when i weaned, but everyone is different. i know it took almost two months for me to stop producing milk completely. and I only nursed for 3 months. it should get better soon. i know my best friend had a lot of pain when she weaned, couldnt tell you why though, she never went to the doctor.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 11:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2009