MIL that You can't Stand?!?!?!

My Sister and Cousin Had a surprise baby Shower for me Yesterday. This is My parents First grandchild and His Parents 5th. I have been to showers for his siblings at which they were litteraly SHOWERED with gifts From his parents and family. His sisters Didn't even show up to my shower. His Step-mother, her Mother and His paternal grandmother showed up. That was it out of the like 25 invitations that were sent to the women in his family.His paternal grandmother Went above and beyond in her gift to our child.His step-mother /randmother went in on a gift together.You want to know what it was ?!?! AFLIPPIN THERMOMETER AND BOTTLE RACK. At his sisters shower just 2 months ago she purchased atleast three huge bags worth of stuff and then some. My feelings were hurt and I mean isn't my child just as important as the other 4 grandchildren? Anyone else have a MIL that drives them nuts.

JacquiV

Asked by JacquiV at 11:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• MINE! Right here. I cant stand the whole family! Heres one for ya, I had my first baby, my families first grandbaby, his families first grandbaby, at the baby shower all my MIL gave my daughter was a homemade tie blanket, the cheap kind...yup thats it! She told me to go make my registries for 3 diff. places, so I did spent 4 days doing that and not a single person from his side of the family bought me a single thing from it...infact I ended up with about 30 onsies and 4 pkgs of diapers, and thats it...all because the MIL told that side of the family that thats ALL I needed...For x-mas they got her 3 cheapie outfits from Wal-Mart that are already too small for because they dont even come over to see her or call to see how she is. But what do you do???
    laurenparent

Answer by laurenparent at 11:17 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• GLAD to know i am not the only one. His family isn't that bad i mean even his GREAT AUNT who is going through chemo right now sent a gift for our baby..... and She is Extremely sick, but his own young able bodied sisters couldnt make it to my shower.... People man.
    JacquiV

Answer by JacquiV at 11:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• I guess I'm not the only one here. At least you guys get some gifts from the in laws, My kids don't get Christmas presents or anything. For my second child, MIL didn't give us nothing for our baby. How sad! Like laurenparent said what can you do? Our kids our precious to us.

PinkRose282

Answer by PinkRose282 at 11:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• well my MIL does her part but what drives me nutz is my own grandmother who gave me for Christmas a granny sweatshirt and used dishes and my hubby a shirt and they are not poor by any means they gave my brother and dad and other family great gifts my brother and dad received new boots and overalls and money i hate them for that but like u say what do u do
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:24 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• oh my kids got used gifts she found in the attic and clothes to small for them too i threw the toys away how do u explain nasty smelling toys that smelt horrible and i had to explain i had to throw them nice huh?
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• yeah... for Christmas we all got used gifts...and when she received her gift from my fiance's sister in law and brother, which was a very nice personalized scrapbook, she looked at her and said "Well I was expecting a washer and dryer." And at the same sister in laws shower she addressed the card to the baby with her name as the middle name...There was never any talk about naming the baby after her...and when she told her that wasn't going to be her name she started crying and made a big production out of it....Now I'm pregnant and she doesn't know yet but i am pretty sure she will expect us to name the baby after her...Yeah NOT gonna happen...UGH!
    Carli26

Answer by Carli26 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 3, 2009