• In the Spotlight:

How do I get a guy to chase after me?

I went out with this guy a few months ago. He then went to Virginia to be with his family and take care of business (for family, his house, etc..) and hasn't come back yet until his house gets on the market. I found out when he left that he's very interested in me but it seems that I always initiate the texts, emails and IM's. When I don't, he then thinks that I have a boyfriend which I don't. How do I get guys, specifically him, to chase after me and want me? Do I have to ignore him? Any suggestions would be great.

aidansmom111804

Asked by aidansmom111804 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• Well I would say just to ignore him, but if he just assumes that you have a BF when you do that then that probably won't work in your case, honestly I would just move on with your life because it sounds like he is too, heck who knows maybe he has a GF over there that he isn't tell you about and thats why he isn't chasing after you
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 11:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Be friendly but dont ever lead on that you like him. Do not contact him unless its as casual friends. Just be totally uninterested in him but always look your best and be your best if you know what I mean. I think hard to get works. I was a complete B to my husband.....I kept running into him though.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 11:52 PM on Feb. 1, 2009

• Can you call him on the phone, or do you have to IM, text or email to communicate? I would be a little leary if you aren't able to actually call him....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• To answer the anonymous' answer..yes I can call him on the phone if I wanted to. We just haven't done that before.
    aidansmom111804

Answer by aidansmom111804 at 12:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I agree with anonymous. I think you should email him (IM) and give him your phone number. Tell him you are interested and if he wants to pursue something with you and see where it leads that you are open to the idea. Then put the ball in his court and let him decide.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• IM him or call him and ask if he would want to hang out sometime cause you would like to get to know him better when he comes back, stay in touch occasionally men are not social creatures and hate talking on the phone. If he shows romantic interest great if its more of friend vibe just ride out the friendship see where it leads. Did you not see maid of honor? Be coy but not desperate acting, be funny easy to talk to and make sure you show interest in whatever he is into they all love to talk about themselves. FLIRT like you are trying to get out of a traffic ticket! ;)
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 1:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Keep every contact short and sweet. It'll keep you on his mind, but be vague enough that he'll wonder what else you're doing...
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009