Could I have kidney stones?

Yesterday while at work I tried to pee ( I didn't really have to go, but I did just to make sure, like when you leave the house kwim). All the sudden I had this terrible pain kinda underneath my ribs on my right side in the back. It even hurt to breath. After a few minutes it went away, but it has happened a couple other times. This does NOT happen when I really have to go, just when I try. I am thinking about calling my ob tomorrow, since my only other doctor is my chiropractor. I just want to know if any of you might know what is causing this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Health

• Were you dehydrated? Are you hydrated now? Does it keep happening. Depends which side the pain is on. Could be appendix, could be gall stones, kidney stones or just dehydration. If you get a fever and chills and nausea/vomit, call asap.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I had stones when I was pregnant. It came on suddenly, and got worse (in hours) it never came and went. It was in my lower back and stomach, I felt nauseated, and did vomit. It was the worst pain EVER. It hurt so bad I could not relax. They wanted me to lay down and I couldnt. I had to keep moving, it was like I was trying to walk away from the pain. You could have a bladder or kidney infection. But if you are worried about stones drink something with real lemon in it. It helps soften them. I had 4 stones during my pregnancy! Your sounds more like a kidney, bladder or UTI. I would call my OB
    Med109

Answer by Med109 at 1:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I have that problem all the time when I do get dehydrated. I also passed out in the Drs office the other day and had trouble going to the bathroom as well. I think you may be dehydrated. may be have that checked.
    Jms71315

Answer by Jms71315 at 6:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• DH just had kidney stones and it came on and never left. It took about 3 days to pass, but he was in pain the entire time. He did feel like he had to go the bathroom alot even though nothing happened. the pain would be so bad that you could not bear it...it is constant and doesn't go once the stone is beginning to move. He had to go to the emergency room and get iv pain killers and a ct scan. Yours sounds different, so check with your ob or primary care.
    sunnygirl42

Answer by sunnygirl42 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2009