Would you be mad if?

My friend had her baby almost 7 mo's after I had my daughter & she named her Synia Lalonnie & my daughter's name is Sydhayia Riaeni! Would you have been mad that she named her kid very similar to yours.
Pronounciations:
Synia Lalonnie: Sa-ny-a La-lo-ni
Sydhayia Riaeni: Sa-dy-a Ri-on-i
I was annoyed be/c everytime she said the childs name it's like she's saying my baby's name....is that silly to be vexed about?

SemperFiesty29

Asked by SemperFiesty29 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is a tad strange. I liked Eva and my friend named her kid Ava. Good thing I had a boy. You can't do anything about it but it's lame.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i agree its annoying. i decided at about 15 weeks pregnant that my sons name was going to be Kayden. My SIL had a baby 7 weeks before my son was born and decided after she was born to name her Jayden. ugh....oh well.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 12:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes. I would be mad..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• my friend son and my son are 1 day apart i called her after i had my son and told her what i named him the next day she called my hubs cell and she named her son Landon Bryan and my son is Landon Ryan. I was a little ticked
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 12:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Maybe she thought it would be cute because you are friends and your childrens names rhymed. I don't know, but it would piss me off a little too.
    ednakrabapple

Answer by ednakrabapple at 12:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't think it would bother me, but I don't know, I haven't had it happen to me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If I were the kid I would be,lol How the hell do you learn to spell that in school ?!
    It sounds pretty but ,wow what a mouthful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would be upset to I think a childs name is obviously their identity and being named so similar makes it harder for them to grow into their names.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Can you try being flattered instead? It is a much better feeling and creates an atmosphere of love.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think I would be pissed. But what can ya do?
    Turtle207

Answer by Turtle207 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2009