Confused

For 6 months last yr my boyfriend and i thought i was pregnant. but the test came out negative, and so did the blood test. THIS IS NOT A AM I PREGNANT QUESTION. but i finally had my period in december or so i think heres the thing. i was on brith control and then i got off it. but last month (december ) i was bleeding LIGHTLY and it was only for 2 days. in feb idk if i got it or not it was same very light and to it didnt last long. normally i get it for 7 days. send help. my mom wont take me to the doctor. so idk what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• Couple of questions.....do you play a lot of sports (or do you exercise a lot, like running)? Are you on the thin side? Both of those things could cause you period to stop or lighten up a lot. If you were on birth control for a while (several months or more) it can take a while for your system to straighten itself out, up to 6 months or so. Some women's bodies are a lot more sensitive to hormones than others. It sounds like you are a teenager...can you go to the school nurse? The nurse could talk to you about what could be causing what you are describing.
    KateKevinAdopt

Answer by KateKevinAdopt at 12:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes, Kate is right. This can take a few months. You can go to the nurse and tell her or call Planned Parenthood if there is one in your area. If you keep getting some bleeding monthly it's probably fine. Are you stressed? That causes light or no periods too.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You can go to the health clinic, and get a free test, and an exam, without your mom. I cannot believe a mother would not take her daughter to the doctor!

Also, the dollar stores, like Family Dollar, and the Everything's a Dollar Spot have very inexpensive pregnancy tests, that usually are 99% accurate.

Any health clinic, pregnancy resource center, or Family Planning should do an exam. Good luck, and don't worry, because worry is the number 1 cause of period problems.
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 9:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009